Friday, July 2, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in

Today I am participating in the Wife of a Sailor's MilSpouse Friday Fill-in. This is a fun way to get to know other MilSpouses and I think it's a great idea! It's super easy- just answer the following five questions, link up to her blog post, and you're done!

So here we go...

1. Tell us about your dream job… one that you could do regardless of pay.
This one's easy- a travel writer. I'd love to get paid to travel and review the places I went. Restaurants, shops, hotels, attractions, anything really. I LOVE to travel and write about my adventures. Getting paid for it would be icing on the cake.

2. What is your most prized material possession (kids and pets don’t count!)?
Hmm... the standard I suppose- my wedding ring, jewelry that my husband's given me, the ring my mom gave me for my 16th birthday, photos, albums, and scrapbooks.... and the not so standard.... my cake pans and baking equipment. Some are really old, passed down from my mom, some are new, and I love them all!

3. What has been your favorite duty station and why?
We've only had two- one in my home state and our new one here in Germany, though we've only been here for three weeks. I loved our last base for the simple fact that I was from there. My family is there, my friends, my job, etc. But I am super excited about this new station and all of the adventures it will bring!

4. What is your least favorite household chore?
Umm, can I say all of them? I really, really hate to clean. Im organized and tidy, but cant stand actual cleaning. The worst has to be dusting and cleaning the bathroom.

5. If you could give one piece of advice to a teenager today (not specifically a MilTeen), what would it be?
Don't worry about what other people think. It's ok to be different. There will be people who like you and people who don't, but what you think about yourself is what matters the most. You definitely can not please everyone, so don't waste tears trying. Rude people suck, so don't be one. =) Manners are incredibly important and undervalued these days. (Sorry, I know that's not just one!)

We are moving today and may not have internet for a few days! Once it's back up and running, stay tuned for Luxembourg, Brussels, & the quirks of living in Germany!

Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Mrs. Mootz said...

We have a cast iron frying pan from my hubs grandma and it is definitely one of my favorite possessions. Its kind of cool just knowing that that pan has cooked food for 3 generations now.

Great answers :)

Anonymous said...

Ooo... I'd love to be a travel writer! Well, as long as my husband could come with me.

So glad you joined us and I hope you participate next week, too!