(I feel like Ive written that line a lot this year.)
Our life has been a bit hectic for the past month or so and it doesnt look like it's going to slow down until about....July. But that's ok because it has been a good busy. Controlled chaos at times, but overall, good.
Ill catch you up a bit now and go into more detail in some upcoming posts.
- Ive got a baby update post coming up soon. (It's about time, I know.) All I can say is that I simply havent had any time to sit and write, but I should have some free time coming up soon. The baby is kicking me like crazy right now, agreeing that a post all about him/her is overdue.
- We just got back from our babymoon yesterday. We had a wonderful time in Lucerne, Switzerland and the Italian Riviera. Ive got a ton of photos that I will share with you soon.
- Traveling at 23 weeks pregnant really wasnt bad. We made a lot of pee stops along the way, but overall, it was an easy journey.
- I have an Italian inspired giveaway planned for later this week! I found some really great stuff in Cinque Terre and will have that up for grabs soon.
- J is supposed to be heading back to the States for training for one month soon. That is, if this Icelandic volcano doesnt royally screw up our plans. I am leaving one week after him and staying for three weeks. To say that I am excited to go back to the States, to see my family and friends, to shop, to eat, to experience air conditioning, to attend my own baby shower at my parents, is an understatement. I am thrilled! However, it would also be an understatement to say that I am looking forward to the travel experience there and back. Ill be around 26 weeks when I leave and 29/30 weeks when I come back. Ugh. Traveling that much, that far, through that many time zones sucks enough when you're not pregnant. To be almost 30 weeks pregnant and going through that, well, it wont be fun. Please send good vibes our way though, as we really want both of us to be able to go!
- This whole pregnancy thing has done great things for our wine collection. We are in the market for a nice wine rack to hold all of the bottles we are accumulating since Im not drinking it and J is rarely opening a bottle these days.
- I just found out that two of my cousins are pregnant. That brings the total to THIRTY FOUR (34) people that I know who are pregnant. Seriously.
- Our two year wedding anniversary was earlier this month! Two years has really flown by and they have been so incredible!
Ok, I think that's enough for now. Ive got some book reviews in the works, a baby update, a one year in Europe review and travel updates. Oh, and a giveaway. So, nothing much, really. Forgive me for being such a slacker on commenting on your blogs. Ive tried to catch up, but at some point, I have to just hit the "Mark all as read" box. So if I've missed something cool, let me know!