Wednesday, June 16, 2010

O-HI-O and the trip to Maryland




Of course this post begins with food! =) The first picture is of some fried pickles that we got in Ohio, yes, at a gas station. I thought they only sold things like this in the South! I know they look ridiculous, but they were so tasty! The second photo is of the yummy Greek food we had in Columbus, Ohio at Yanni's Greek Grill & Deli. The hummus was spicy, which is how I like it, and the gyro salad was incredibly good. The homemade garlic dressing was amazing! It'll give you stinky breath, but it's worth it. We stayed at the Ramada Columbus North. It was a very nice room, spacious, with a fridge and microwave. They had a decent breakfast, were pet friendly, and all for a great rate. I would definitely recommend them and stay there again.

Ohio was gorgeous! Lush & green with rolling hills. I had no idea how pretty Ohio is. We did run into some severe storms on our way to our hotel. It was raining so hard, we had to drive 30 mph on the interstate. When we woke up the next morning, we saw on the news that the previous night, Ohio had it's deadliest outbreak of tornados in 25 years. I guess we brought them with us from Arkansas!



We drove through a small portion of Pennsylvania & West Virginia. Both were gorgeous. WV was very mountainous with forests everywhere. Maryland was much of the same- beautiful country with cute little villages along the way. This was my first trip to that part of the country, and I liked it more than I thought I would.

Since I don't have the connector cord for my big camera with me (it's in the household goods shipment, of course), I am going to be blogging about our days out of order. I'm sure all of you really mind. ;) Up next...DC!

No comments: