Recipe of the Week- Christmas Edition
This week's recipe is incredibly easy to make and absolutely delicious!
I have been making them for years, usually around the holidays
and this year was no exception.
We celebrated J's 30th birthday (two weeks early) last Friday
with friends over dinner.
I made these at favors for dessert to go along with the cake.
This is the perfect recipe for a large group of people,
and since we had twenty,
there was plenty to go around.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
Courtesy of: Kraft
8 oz. cool whip, thawed
8 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 c. peanut butter
or any other topping you'd like!
1. Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute, stir and
microwave again in 15 second intervals until smooth.
2. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
This is very important! If you mix the cool whip in too soon it will
curdle up and ruin. Yes, I know this from experience... = /
3. Gently stir in Cool Whip.
4. Refrigerate for one hour.
|It will look like this after refrigerating.|
5. Scoop with teaspoon (or ice cream scoop!) and roll into 1 inch balls.
6. Roll in topping of your choice and place on cookie sheet.
|Clockwise from top left: Cocoa powder, confectioner's sugar,|
flaky coconut, chopped peanuts
7. Store in air tight container and refrigerate.
I ended up placing them on lollipop sticks and wrapping two each in cellophane
and tying them up with a pretty ribbon.
They made super cute favors!
Happy Tuesday Everyone!