Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Book Review- Happily Ever After

Most of you know by now that I am a HUGE reader. I love books. I have loved to read since I was a child, starting with the R.L. Stine books (I loved Goosebumps!). My Mom is the same way and we both read very fast. This allows me to read a lot of books in a short amount of time. I read seven (!) books on our 8 day cruise in November. We did a lot of relaxing and we had plenty of down time in the airports.

This year I've decided to keep up with how many books I read. I havent ever done this before, but Id wager that I read close to 100 or so every year, if not more. Since I read so many, I wanted to start a little section on here for book reviews. I like a good mix of chick lit, mystery & fiction. If you guys ever have a recommendation for me, please let me know! I am so excited about all the ones you gave me during my giveaway last week.

The first book that Ill be reviewing is the first book that I read this year: 
Happily Ever After, by Nora Roberts

Not my photo
This was the fourth and final book in the Bride Quartet series. 
I have enjoyed all of the books in this series, 
though the second and third ones were my favorite. 
This is an easy read that doesnt challenge you in any way. 
It has a nice, expected conclusion to the series.
Very much a happily ever after kind of story. 
Like most of the other books, it lacked any real conflict or drama; there
wasnt much of a "turning point". 
I expected this, so I wasnt disappointed. 
Rating: ***


Rating Scale
*****: Amazing, wonderful, MUST-read, loved it!
****: Really liked it, would recommend, great book!
***: Liked it, enjoyable, but not the greatest book ever written. 
**: Not so great, some good parts, but overall, it was just ok. 
*: Didnt like it, wouldnt recommend it, bad book all around. 


Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Pearls and Prosecco said...

Haha I used to read all of the R.L. Stein books too!
I recently read the original Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote. It's one of my favorite movies, and I loved the book even more. You learn a lot more about the character of Holly Golightly, and I just couldn't get enough. It's a really short, quick read. Most copies of the book come with 3 other short stories, I loved "A Christmas Memory."

Michelle said...

I loved the Goosebumps books, too. And I finally weaseled my way into a book club out here. I'm am SO excited to get started!

Tegan said...

Thanks for the review! :)

You should check out "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers. I couldn't put it down. :)

Unknown said...

Awesome! I'm a HUGE reader too! Do you have a goal for the year or are you just seeing how far you get?? You should update Goodreads more often. I make "shelves" for different years so I can keep track of how many I've read each year.