Ooey Gooey Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
By: Betty Crocker
1 box yellow cake mix
1 c. canned pure pumpkin
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. vegetable oil
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 jar (12 oz.) hot fudge topping (the recipe called for 2, but I used one)
1 container fluffy white frosting
The recipe also calls for carmel topping and nuts, but trust me, this is a SWEET cake and the carmel topping would probably be overkill. It's tasty without it.
1. Heat oven to 350º. Grease bottom of 13x9 inch pan.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, oil, eggs, water & pumpkin spice with electric mixer
on low until moist. Beat 2 minutes on medium. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 25-30 mins or until done.
4. When done, immediately poke cake every inch with handle of wooden spoon, halfway into cake.
5. Drizzle condensed milk evenly over cake. Let it soak in for five minutes.
6. Place hot fudge in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high until smooth.
Spread over cake, pressing slightly into the holes.
7. Run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen from sides.
8. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
9. Spread frosting over cake.
If anyone tries the recipe I would love to hear how it turned out for you!
Happy Tuesday and Happy December!