Monday, March 7, 2011

Recipe of the Week

It's back!!!

Now that I'm not nauseated every minute of the day, I actually have an interest in food and cooking again! I know my poor, sweet husband is happy about this! I dont have any of my own pictures to go with this, but I did find one on the Betty Crocker website.

This casserole is so YUMMY!!!! It's easily adaptable too, which I love in any recipe. I added chicken to J's and he loved it, but kept mine vegetarian. (Im still not loving a lot of meat products right now.) You could add any protein you wanted and it would still taste great. I also love that it's the easiest casserole Ive ever made! Whenever a friend or squadron member has a baby, Ill definitely be making this casserole for them. I also told J that after Baby Olive is born, we'll be eating this a lot since its so quick and easy!

Tortellini Minestrone Casserole
Courtesy of: Betty Crocker

Ingredients:

1 (9oz.) pkg. frozen cheese tortellini
1 (12 oz.) bag frozen mixed veggies
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano, undrained
1 (15 oz.) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. shredded parm cheese (I use more!)

1. Heat over to 375ยบ. In ungreased casserole dish, mix all ingredients except cheese. Cover with foil.

2. Bake 30-45 minutes (depending on your oven). Uncover, stir well and sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered for another 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden brown. (I cooked mine a little longer than the photo below. The cheese was more of a crisp topping and it was great!)

3. Enjoy!



See, easy isnt it? And delicious too!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh it looks and sounds delish!! Can't wait to try it out!!! Thank you

New Girl on Post said...

That looks fantastic!

Nicky said...

Nice! I have 2 packets of tortellini in my freezer!

Amanda said...

Mmm that looks good! Glad you're feeling a bit better!

Brittney said...

This looks great! I will have to try it!

Unknown said...

Yum!!! I love tortellini! This looks awesome!