Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shameless

So I know my posts lately have been of the recipe, book & milspouse fill-in variety. I apologize for this, but honestly, there hasnt been much else to write about lately. My life is currently wonderful, but not exactly blog-worthy. I'm definitely ok with this. We have a ton of stuff planned for the upcoming weeks, so this lull is actually really nice. In less than two weeks, my bff from home arrives for a two week visit! We are planning a Paris trip, a Prague trip and multiple day trips. Im excited! I havent seen him since we moved to Germany, so Im looking forward to this trip!

Seven (7!) of my family members are coming out to visit us at the end of April. I cant wait to see them all, especially my parents! We are planning a Berchtesgaden and Salzburg trip with them. In May, J & I will celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. We're combining that with a "babymoon" and planning a weeklong trip to Spain! We are so excited about that trip! Neither one of us has ever been to Spain before, so we really wanted to get that in before the baby is born.

So that's about it. Im busy planning all of these trips and enjoying this down time. Ill have lots of travel posts soon!


*** J & I have recently found a new TV to love. It's called Shameless and airs Sunday nights on Showtime. It's trashy, offensive, touching and really, really awesome. You may not know this about me, but I dont watch "trashy" TV shows. Ive never been a fan of the Real Housewives, Jersey Shore, Teen Mom or 16 & pregnant. I dont watch Dog the Bounty Hunter, the Duggars or reality shows like those. Ive just never been interested in watching other peoples "real life" drama. I dont find that interesting in the least and yes, I think a lot of it is fake. (This is just my opinion, dont let it offend you. I know many of you love these shows and that's 100% ok.)

Shameless isnt a reality show, but it is plenty trashy and I love it! It's like a train wreck that you cant look away from no matter how much you want to. I like that it isnt a reality show, even though it is a drama and it is painfully real. Despite your best intentions, you become attached to the characters and are drawn in to their lives. It is a Showtime production, so be prepared for nudity, cussing and controversy. This might be an unlikely show for me to like, but I keep tuning in every week!***


Happy Tuesday!

It's gorgeous here in Germany, again! We've been so blessed with the weather lately. I saw a butterfly today for the first time this year, so hopefully, Spring really is on the way!



5 comments:

Amanda said...

My life/blog hasn't been exciting lately, so I know how you're feeling.

I'm way jealous of your great weather. It's rained here in Italia for the past 3 days, and it's not supposed to stop until next week ugh. Enjoy some sunshine for me!

Kristen said...

So...how do you get to watch the show Shameless? Enquiring minds overseas want to know!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about all of your upcoming trips! I've been to Paris, Prague, and Spain and loved all three! Where in Spain are you going?

Unknown said...

Wow! Sounds like you have a lot coming up! I've heard of that show but we don't have Showtime. I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD.

Nicky said...

Trying to catch up on blog posts - I've been submerged in work deadlines recently and haven't had any spare time to read :(

But I love your recipes and book reviews, seriously! I actually made your tortellini minestrone casserole last weekend and it was a big hit!