Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Book Review: Grave Sight

Not my image

I stoked to find out that there are a couple of other series written by
an author I really like- Charlaine Harris who also writes the Sookie 
Stackhouse books.
Grave Sight is the first book in the Harper Connelly Mysteries series. 
It follows a twenty-something year old woman who was struck by lightening
when she was fifteen. Since that time, she has been able to locate dead bodies 
and relive their last moments, immediately knowing their cause of death. 
Sounds like a really interesting premise right? 
I was so excited to read this book, especially because it takes place in my home state, 
but when I was finished, I was pretty disappointed. It wasnt at all like the Sookie books, 
in the writing, intrigue or entertainment.
I was bored, the plot was easy to figure out and the main character is really 
annoying. Her weakness and debilitating reliance on her brother are weird and 
a huge turn off. 

So no, I wasnt a fan of the book. I had planned on reading the entire series, but 
after reading the first book, I dont think Im going to buy the rest. 

Have any of you read this series? Are the rest of the books any better? 


Rating: **


Rating Scale
*****: Amazing, wonderful, MUST-read, loved it!
****: Really liked it, would recommend, good book!
***: Liked it, enjoyable, but not the greatest book ever written. 
**: Not so great, some good parts, but overall, it was just ok. 
*: Didnt like it, wouldnt recommend it, bad book all around.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have only read this book in this series... and I agree with you. I looked once for more books in the series and couldn't find them but can't say I looked too hard either. So, I don't know if the rest are better or not.