I love to cook and bake (especially bake!). I enjoy browsing other blogs for their favorite recipes, so I thought I would share some of mine. I get a lot of them from Myrecipes.com, Cooking Light, Kraft and Southern Living. (No, I am not sponsored or compensated by any of these companies for these recipe reviews.)
Recently I've started meal planning and it has been a huge success. I take about 20-30 minutes and plan out our meals for the following three weeks. I include one night for leftovers and one night for eating out (even if we don't eat out, this gives us some flexibility). One of the biggest hits by far lately has been Chocolate Oreo Surprise Cupcakes. I've already given the recipe to several people and every one of these tasty little things was eaten up this weekend at the two parties we were at. One of the best things about them is that they are incredibly easy to make!
Chocolate Oreo Surprise Cupcakes
Courtesy of: Kraft
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. sugar
16 mini Oreos OR 8 regular size Oreos
1 tub Cool Whip, thawed
1. Heat oven to 350º.
2. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; set aside.
3. Mix cream cheese, egg and sugar until well blended. (This will not look appetizing, but that's ok.)
4. Spoon cake batter into lightly greased, paper lined muffin cups. (About 1-1.5 Tbsp.)
5. Top with 1 mini Oreo or half of one regular Oreo and 1-1.5 tsp. cream cheese mixture.
6. Cover with remaining cake batter.
7. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
8. Cool 5 mins. Remove from pans and place on wire racks. Cool completely.
9. Frost with cool whip.