Today I'm taking it easy and getting all my thoughts out with bullet points. It's quick, it's easy and you dont have to spend a ton of time reading. I dont know about you, but I to tend to skim (or skip) posts that go on and on about one's daily life. So Im making it easy for you to catch up on what's been going on, because, let's be honest, who doesnt love a good bulleted summary of one's life?
- I had my 36 week appt last week and everything is well. Baby M is in a head down position and preparing for the big event.
- My mom gets here soon and I cant wait! I just wish it was sooner!
- We've been trying to spend as much time together and with friends as we can, just soaking up the last few weeks (days?) of baby-free life.
- We had a picnic at a castle last weekend. It was so much fun, relaxing and romantic.
- Summer has FINALLY arrived in Germany and we've been enjoying warm weather and sunshine for the past couple of weeks. I would love for it to stick around for a couple more months!
- An artistic friend of mine painted my belly this past week. I thought it was an odd proposition when she asked me, but I also thought it would be fun. I was her first belly model. She did a fantastic job and I thought it was beautiful.
- We're exchanging our American washer for a German washer today. It's smaller, but has the ability to wash with hot water, which we'll need with using cloth diapers.
- We've attended all of our childbirth/breast feeding/baby classes and toured labor and delivery.
- The co-sleeper is set up and the car set base is installed.
- Six freezer meals are prepared and ready to go. I would still like to make a few more, but Im losing my desire to cook.
- All I really want to do is bake, and eat what I bake, which is not good for the ever expanding waistline.
- I am still craving fruit (grapes and bananas mostly) and cereal, but man I could really demolish some sweets these days if Id let myself. Must. Restrain. Myself.
- We deep cleaned the first floor of the house this past weekend. The bathrooms and second floor are next. Perhaps nesting has begun?
- I finished up most of our registry and cant wait for those items to come in!
- I think we're as ready as we are going to be!
- Does anyone have a recommendation for a baby sign language book?
- Thank you all for your baby/children's book recommendations! I bought several of the ones you suggested and cant wait to read them to our little one.