Friday, August 19, 2011

Recipe of the Week- Roasted Red Pepper Pesto

This week's recipe comes to you from one of my fellow bloggers, whom I just adore. Miranda at My Camo Colored Life also writes a food blog titled Jolts and Jollies. I snagged this recipe from her blog and made it recently. J & I love all things pesto and this was a unique take on the traditional recipe. After you're done here, be sure to check out her blogs!

Recipe: Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
Source: Jolts and Jollies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup fresh basil leaves
  • 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted 
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt (I always add a little more sea salt and pepper!)
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 pounds red bell peppers (about 4 large), roasted and peeled


  1. Place all ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl occasionally.
  2. Pour over pasta and enjoy! 
We had ours over penne and it was perfect. Instead of mixing the sauce with the pasta, we just dished out a portion onto our plates. I was then able to freeze the rest of the sauce for later! 





Sorry I dont have any photos of the completed project. I was too busy eating and then getting it in the freezer! Check out Maranda's blog though. She has great step by step instructions on how to roast the peppers and assemble the sauce.

I had to include this photo. Our German kitchen is very, very small, so cooking can be adventurous at times,
finding a place for everything. I had the stove on for the pasta and the food processor on the counter.
We have to use a transformer with it since it is 110V. J placed both of these heavy things up there for
me. I was busy, so I didnt get to them right away. Then we smelled something burning. YIKES!
The food processor cord had fallen on the hot pasta burner and it MELTED!
Thankfully it still worked but it sure doesnt look good. =( 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh no!! Your poor food processor cord! I'm so glad you guys liked the pesto. I think I want some now. YUM!