By participating in a weekly Fill-in, I realize just how quickly time is passing! We've already been in Germany for almost 4 months!
Visit Wife of a Sailor to check out other milspouse blogs!
This week’s questions are:
- What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse? (from The Albrecht Squad)
My independent, ambitious nature has definitely been strengthened. I'm not sure if anything about me has weakened. Perhaps that I spend a little less time with friends knowing that every day J and I have together is precious since he travels so much for work.
2. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? (from 'Tis the Life of the Army Wife)
Right now it's a tie between Paris and the Caribbean. I loved Paris for the culture, the architecture, the food and drink, the history. It really is a beautiful city. On the flip side, my heart lies at the beach, with the ocean. I've traveled pretty extensively throughout the Caribbean and I've loved almost every place that I've been to. Give me a tropical location on a beach, a fruity drink, and my husband and I'll never want to leave!
3. If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick? (from The Only Pink in a House of Blue)
Hmm...well, I would rather not have another fast food place on base. We've got BK, TB, Johnny Rockets, a Chinese place, a sub sandwich place and Captain D's. I would prefer a Starbucks. A real Starbucks that served Pumpkin Spice lattes. (The European Starbucks, sadly, do not serve them. My heart breaks a little every day about this. I would be willing to pay if some sweet someone wanted to ship the International Delight travel creamer cups to me in this flavor. I would pay you AND I would send you German chocolates in return! =)
4. Where did you go on your honeymoon? (from Pennies from Heaven)
We went to the Turks & Caicos. It was beautiful and we had fun, but we weren't super happy with our resort- Club Med. It was our first experience there and we felt like we were at summer camp on a cruise ship! We were married at the Adventura Spa Palace in the Riviera Maya and spent five days there first. I highly recommend this resort and we cant wait to go back!
5. If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why? (from Proud to Be a Navy Family and The Calm Before The Storm)
I would love to be a super translator, as in- be fluent in 10 or more languages. Ive always wanted to be fluent in another language and think it would be so cool to be able to communicate with just about anyone. OR a travel writer who gets paid to travel, eat, drink and experience the world. Yeah, let's go with that one!
Happy Weekend Everyone!
Don't forget to enter my Christmas in September giveaway!