Today's recipe is one that I made for dinner last night. It turned out delicious if I do say so myself! J raved about it and said that he wanted me to make it again soon using the sauce and a different kind of meat. I think his exact words were "You could put that sauce on anything and it would be good!" Quite the compliment. For Cooking Light really, not me. I just followed their recipe. Ok, maybe a little for me. =) For those of you who aren't really into spicy foods, fear not, it's really not that spicy. More like a slow burn that never fully develops. I love spicy foods, so it was pretty tame in my book.
Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs
Courtesy of: Cooking Light
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground cumin (I substituted ground nutmeg- I was out of cumin)
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (Mine had bones)
6 T. honey
2 tsp. cider vinegar
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Add chicken, one at a time and toss to coat.
3. Place chicken in a greased broiler pan. Broil 5 minutes on each side.
4. Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, mixing well.
5. Remove chicken from oven and brush with 1/4 c. honey mixture.
6. Broil for 1 minute.
7. Take chicken out, flip, and coat the other side with remaining honey mixture.
8. Broil an additional minute or until chicken is done.
9. I served it with broccoli and corn on the cob.
10. Enjoy! (Maybe with a little wine?)
We only drank a glass, not two bottles like this picture implies!